Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Something Called Dubstep. Dancer Wows

A viral video going around proves that I'm an out of touch old man.

The guy in the video is dancing something called Dubstep. It's a type of music, and a type of dance, I guess. I'd never heard of it until now. I guess my brain is still in 1978 or some damn thing,

The song is a version of the hit song "Pumped Up Kicks," by Foster the People, modified to be Dubstep. The song is slowed, a lot of production elements are added, and there's an intense base vibe to it at times. You have to listen to understand.

But the dancing is amazing, even if you don't like that type of movement. It looks like there's some sort of video editing trick going on, but I'm assured this is really the guy moving without any editing tricks. Really cool, Watch:

No comments:

Post a Comment