Monday, October 10, 2011

October Vermont Flowers Still Bloom

It's been a warm autumn in Vermont so far. The foliage season is here, although it's hitting later than it usually does.
Sedum in my garden still glows pink in the warm
late afternoon sun on Sunday. 



The summer-like fall weather is both good and bad, but mostly good. On the minus side, I'm still getting chewed up by mosquitoes outdoors, which has never happened to me in October before.

On the (very) plus side, flowers are still blooming, as we haven't yet had a very harsh frost yet, at least in Vermont's Champlain Valley.

The sedum in particular seems especially vibrant this year. A shout out to my friend Denis Desjarlais for giving me the sedum as a gift this summer.

So, foliage and flowers. You can't beat that when you're outside in the fall in your summer clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment