Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Attach a Train Horn to Your Bicycle!

You're riding your bike down the street or bike path, and your little, ring, ring, bell just doesn't cut through the fog of cell phone chatterers, clueless strollers, oblivious motorists and the just plain rude

Well, there's a solution for you now.  Found on Wired via BoingBoing, we've found  the Hornster! The bike has an attached horn, and a scuba tank filled with compressed air on the bike. When you need people to get out of the way, just blast the horn! It's no different and no quieter than a train horn. Really!

It blasts away at 178 decibels. Hearing loss starts at 140 decibels.  I said decibels. No, DECIBELS!!!  Get your hearing checked for crissake!


The whole shebang sells for the low, low price of $8,000.

Watch the video for proof, then try it! Buy it! Operators are standing by!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had that sometimes, HOWEVER, I think in the great state of Massachusetts, it's illegal to attach even an air horn to your bike, so I wouldn't want to risk a contraption like that (and it's a little pricey for me). I'll just content myself with a bell on my commuter bike, and shouting when it's not enough.

    ReplyDelete