Monday, September 10, 2012

A Late Summer Vermont Storm Chase

Usually by now in Vermont, severe thunderstorm season is over, and so is my bizarre hobby of pursuing said storms in my truck.

But a big cold front hit the East Coast Saturday, causing widespread storms and even dropping a couple of tornadoes on Queens and Brooklyn.

Nothing that dramatic here in Vermont, but the squall line did create a good blast of wind, if just for a few minutes.

It wasn't the wildest storm of the summer, but as you can see from the video, at least it was semi-dramatic in Charlotte, Vermont, near the ferry dock along Lake Champlain. The wind and the rain in the video will probably have to tide me over until the next severe thunderstorm season, which will start in the spring.

I'll guess I'll have to transition to snow/ice videos soon. Here's the the Charlotte squall line video for your enjoyment:

No comments:

Post a Comment