Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tasteless, Tacky Tweeter Twit Apologies to Baltimore Ravens

Katie Moody, that woman I wrote about the other day who Tweeted an incredible tacky, hurtful message to Baltimore Ravens receiver Torrey Smith.has apologized.

According to the Baltimore Sun, Moody now "profoundly regrets" the Tweet that caused the uproar.
Katie Moody of Baltimore is very sorry she was
 a scumbag on Twitter Sunday.

Smith played in Sunday's game despite the fact his younger brother died in a motorcycle accident hours earlier. He dedicated his impressive performance in the game to his brother. The Ravens won the game against the New England Patriots.

Moody, a Patriots fan, was not happy. She Tweeted this charming comment: "Hey, Smith. How about you call your bro and tell him about your wi---ohhh, wait. @toosoon"

This, understandably did not go over well, and Moody endured a sh!tstorm of hate toward her. Understandably. People also called for her firing at her job at John Hopkins School of Medicine.

No word if that's going to happen.  In any event,  Moody is very regretful now. Not sure if it's because of the criticism, or she realized she was very, very wrong, or both. But for the record, her statement is this:

"I profoundly regret my thoughtless, tasteless, and completely inappropriate comment, and I deeply lament the pain that it has caused. I would like to apologize to Torrey Smith, his family, friends, and everyone who was distressed by what I said. I should have been offering sympathy and compassion for such a terrible and heart-breaking loss. I set high standards for myself as a person and as a fan, and I fell short of these standards. This was a horrible lapse in judgment that I will always regret. I am truly sorry."

That's a marked contrast to her initial reaction to the criticism in the hours after she Tweeted. She had said that everybody is doing it, so apparently it isn't a big deal. She has since had a change of heart, apparently.

Look, I have no idea of Moody is normally a scumbag or just had one scumbag moment in an otherwise life of decency. I don't know her. But I bet she's going to be incredibly careful on social media from now on.

No word yet, either on whether there's a public reaction from Smith. He doesn't owe us any reaction, of course. We just extend our condolences to Smith and his family.



1 comment:

  1. Matt:
    Good comments about Ms. Moody.
    I would hope she is smarter, wiser now.
    Ted of Aberdeen, MD.

    ReplyDelete