Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Chaos Rules (Thank Gawd!!)

I'm in downtown Burlington at the moment, the usual quiet of dawn on a Sunday morning.

It will turn raucous fast, as it is St. Patrick's Day. The tavern doors have already swung open, and they will be crowded soon.

This truck will almost surely be part of
Burlington, Vt's St. Patricks Day festivities today
Burlington is looking forward to what is maybe the most unique St. Patrick's Day parade. There's a local concrete company here called. S.D. Ireland. They have quite a few of those cement mixers. They'res are white, painted with green shamrocks.

A convey of S.D. Ireland cement mixers, their horns honking away, will make their way through this city's streets this afternoon. I can't wait for the noise.

I might be working in stereotypes here when I present the following video, showing the Dropkick Murphys performing, on St. Patrick's Day, a ditty called "Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced" with the help of several dozen, mostly shitfaced female audience members.

Again, maybe I'm pandering to the popular bias of what St. Patrick's Day is. But one of my most precious friends, Ellen, happily gives the Dropkick Murphys the Ellen Seal of Approval, so it has to be good.

So here's that video. Enjoy, me lads! And hat tip to Gary Rith for alerting me to this video, via Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment