Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Darlene Love Christmas Eve Tradition After All!

Darlene Love on Letterman, clockwise from upper left,
1986, 1993, 2010, 2013. Image from Vanity Fair 
Back on Saturday, I gave you my annual Darlene Love "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" greeting earlier than usual.

I did that because it was the last time she'd do her holiday tradition of singing that song on Letterman, and I wanted to celebrate that milestone in the moment

David Letterman is retiring in 2015, so it looks like Darlene Love won't be singing that signature Christmas song on future holidays.

But, realizing it is totally, totally, IMPOSSIBLE to O.D. on Darlene Love, I'll give you this supercut video of Darlene Love performing the song on Letterman over the past 30 years.

Because who in this world could not be in love with Darlene Love?  And if you can't, indulge me. Because as far as I'm concerned, her version of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" is The. Best. Holiday. Song. EVER.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Here's the supercut video:

No comments:

Post a Comment