Tuesday, June 30, 2015

How I Somehow Managed To Sympathize With Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton is terrified in a cruel
prank for an Egyption TV show.  
Let's just say I'm totally not a fan of Paris Hilton.

She's the rich gal who is famous for being famous, who parties the nights away among all her rich friends in those rich clubs wearing all those rich clothes and having nothing rich or interesting to say.

I never thought I'd take her side on anything, but a cruel Egyptian TV host has me in total sympathy with Paris Hilton.

At least I think I sympathize with her if she wasn't in on this. It doesn't look like she was.

What happens in a YouTube video you might or might not want to watch below, is,  Hilton is in Dubai for the opening of a new hotel, says Huffington Post.

She's in a small plane, and the pilot does dramatic stunts to make it look like the plane is crashing.

One passenger opens the jet's side door and a man is tossed out. The five minutes of the "impending plane crash" has Hilton screaming and crying, which is what you'd expect out of anyone in a doomed plane.

Finally, the plane lands and Hilton, in tears, is told of the prank. "I almost thought I was going to die...That's been the biggest fear my whole life, dying in a plane."

I don't know if the host of this show thinks this is funny, but it's unspeakably cruel. And dangerous. Aside from something possibly going wrong with the stunts, such a prank could give someone post traumatic stress disorder, which can be a serious, long lasting condition and often hard to treat.

Paris Hilton is something of a punching bag, with her bad singing and her perfume called Fairy Dust. But it's one thing to criticize Hilton's lifestyle. It's quite another to traumatize her for no good reason other than TV ratings. 

For what it's worth, TMZ is reporting that Hilton is considering a lawsuit against the so-called pranksters. If she does, I hope she wins big. Not that she needs the money. But I'd like to see the "pranksters" taught a lesson.

I was a little reluctant to post the video. I couldn't watch it, really, because it is disturbing.

Anyway, here's the video if you want to watch. It might not last and might be pulled due to copyright complaints from the Egyption TV show.

And Paris, go ahead and sue. I'm totally on your side for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment