Saturday, August 1, 2015

Country Great Lynn Anderson Dies; Hangs Out In Heaven's Rose Garden

Lynn Anderson died this past week of a heart attack at age 67. 

Lynn Anderson.  
The country great had a long string of hits. She's probably most remembered for her song "I Beg Your Pardon, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden."

It was a wonderful song about how nobody is perfect in a relationship, but just try to enjoy the good times when they come along.

My dad owned a tavern back then, when the song came out in 1970. I remember always hearing it on the jukebox when I stopped in to say hi to dad as a kid.

I guess it was a decent cry in your beer song.

Anyway, rest in peace, Lynn Anderson.

Here's a fun video from Britain's Top Of the Pops television show of Anderson performing "Rose Garden" when it was a big hit. Props to the British kids trying to figure out how to dance to country music

I also love the big hair female country singers had in the 1960s and 1970s.

Here's the video:



No comments:

Post a Comment