Monday, March 6, 2017

Is Trump Administration Trampling The Rights Of Gold Star Dad Khizr Khan?

Is the Trump administration thinking of restricting
Khizr Khan's right to travel?
I'm really, REALLY hoping breaking news reports about Khizr Khan this afternoon are not true.

If the reports are true, we are in desperate straights.

You might remember Khan and his wife delivering a speech at the Democratic National Convention last summer.

He waved a copy of the Constitution and urged then-Republican candidate Donald Trump to read it.

Khan has been an American citizen for 30 years and his son, died in a bomb explosion as a member of the U.S. military in 2004.

If the reports this afternoon are true, then Trump did not read the Constitution, as Khizr Kahn suggested.

Kahn was scheduled to speak at a Toronto, Canada luncheon Tuesday, but canceled reportedly because his "freedom to travel abroad" is under review, according to several news outlets, including Politico.

"This turn of events is not just of deep concern to me but to all my fellow Americans who cherish our freedom to travel abroad.....I have not been given any reason as to why. I am grateful for your support and looking forward to visiting Toronto in the near future," Kahn said in a statement.

I'm writing this, but I'm still skeptical, because it seems so over the top. But you never know with Trump.

I'm hoping the whole thing is some sort of weird misunderstanding.

But if Kahn is right we should be totally worried about this if it's true.  I'll update if there's more confirmation, or it this turns out not to be true.


No comments:

Post a Comment